Dependents : Different benefits are available to the spouses, children and sometimes the parents of the veteran. Click on the link below to view the possible benefits available.

 We strongly recommend that you enlist the services of a Veteran Service Officer before you submit your application. 
They will review your application, helping ensure it has all the information the VA requires. 
If you do not have a VSO yet, the NVF will help you find one. Simply call us at 888-777-4443.

Benefit Description                           Spouse                        Child                                     Parent
 Dependency Indemnity
 Compensation (DIC)                           Yes                               Yes                                           Yes  

Death Pension                                        Yes                                Yes                                           No
Survivors’ and 

Educational Assistance
 (DEA)                                                       Yes                                Yes                                            No
(Includes Counseling
Services and Work 

Specialized Vocational
                                                                    Yes                               Yes                                         No
CHAMPVA                                             Yes                                Yes                                       No 

Spina Bifida                                            No                                  Yes                                       No

Home Loan Guaranty                       Yes                                  No                                         No

To Claim VA Life Insurance
For SGLI and VGLI claims submit VA Form SGLV 8283. For TSGLI submit VA Form SGLV 8600.

Financial Counseling is Available for SGLI/VGLI Beneficiaries from FinancialPoint® toll free at (866) 476-5764 or by email at BFCS@FinancialPoint.com

Burial Benefits Next of Kin May Consider Upon the Death of the Veteran

No matter what type of USID Card you receive, you must follow all three steps listed below:

Step 1: Sponsorship & Eligibility

In order to receive a USID Card, you must be or have a sponsor. For example, if you are a Reserve or retired Service member, you are a sponsor; if you are a dependent, an active duty or retired Service member will be your sponsor.

Step 2: Registration & Enrollment

All potential cardholders must register in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). To do this, you will need to complete a DD Form 1172-2.

If you are a dependent, an active duty or retired service member must take action to register you in DEERS with the required eligibility documents. Your sponsor may need to complete parts of the DD Form 1172-2. For more information on eligiblity documents, review the Pre-Arrival Checklist.

Step 3: Obtaining Your Card 

You must visit a Real-Time Automated Personnel Identification System (RAPIDS) site for final verification and processing.

If you are a sponsor, you must bring two forms of ID in original form. At least one form of ID must be a valid State or Federal government-issued picture identification (for example, passport, driver's license, or current DoD ID card).

If you are a dependent, you must provide a completed DD Form 1172-2 and two forms of ID in original form. The DD Form 1172-2 must be:

   (1) Digitally signed and submitted using RAPIDS Self Service (available for sponsors with a CAC). Although not required for ID card issuance, dependents may bring a printed copy of the digitally signed and submitted form; 

  (2) Signed by your sponsor in front of the Verifying Official at the RAPIDS Site; 

  (3) Singed by your sponsor and notarized. A wet or digital signature is acceptable; or 

  (4) Signed using a general Power of Attorney. A wet or digital signature is acceptable.

While you are at the RAPIDS Site, expect to have your picture taken.

Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint